Thursday, October 30, 2008

let's make sense of it all.

Well this is my final post. What did I think about Learn and Play? Overall I enjoyed it and think it definitely upped my learning quotient. I know have tools that I didn't before. So lets go through the list.


1. read the blog got the tee-shirt
2. I learned that my lifelong learning habit is that it's never to late to learn.
3.created my short and mighty blog-loved the Serena Williams pic.
4.registered my blog and added some blogs to my blog list
5.explored flickr and uploaded some photos
6.created a weird collage with a flickr mashup site
7.had fun doctoring photo's with picnic
8.created a bloglines account-am now a faithful reader of dilbert-love rss feeds
9.added learn@play to my bloglines account and some other library rss feeds
10.created my own read poster with the online generator.(love the pet snake)
11. opened my library thing account-love the virtual bookshelf.wonder if they'll do one for movies. added library thing's search engine to my blog.
12. explored twitter-love the little peaks into my friends world. have made new friends.
13. learned about tagging and delicious-so cool not to have to be home to access my favorites.
14.Read away from the iceberg-blogged about balance not a seismic shift.
15.learned about wiki's and their uses-love the idea of collaborative projects that can be down without endless emails.
16.added my blog to the learn and play wiki sand box and posted some comments.
17.Looked at google docs and uploaded one of my old book sale schedules and invited the new volunteer coordinator's to have a peek-again a great collaborative tool.
18. familiar with paypal and esty-ebay for homemade items.
19.used pandora which I already had-love the cite-awesome way to learn about other artist you might like.
20.found a cool run dmc reading rainbow video on youtube.
21.used pod cast alley to search for prairie home companion podcasts.
22.looked at moldi and downloaded some audio books-cool cite

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I loved flickr,delicious,library thing,and twitter.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I feel there are now more tools in my arsenal to make lifelong learning a habit.
I'll be sharing these with customers and hopefully enriching their lives in the process.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
You can be more connected through the Internet that I thought. I never thought of the Internet as away to build community-now I can see the possibilities

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
More time to do the task and having a guru at each branch who's already done the program to be a trainer or go to person.

And, last but not least…

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
I'm so there-sign me up

des

No comments: