Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MOLDI

I just spent some time looking at the Mid-Ohio Library Digital Initiative. There were certain things that I liked. I liked that I could download interesting books on disc for my own listening pleasure. I also liked the fact that I didn't have to sign up for another account-All i needed was my handy-dandy Columbus Metropolitan Library card and off and running. You can also just search their catalog with out having a specific title. What was frustrating? How about having the third book in the series but not having the second? I was looking for "Perelandra" but got "That hideous strength" instead. Another thing that bothered me-You can't really search by author so much. This is really hard if your author has a initial for the first name(i.e. M.C. Beaton or J. California Cooper). I can see where this would be a great service to our home bound patrons who have access to a computer.

des

No comments: